Thursday, March 1, 2012

Is This Too Orange

               In swtor orange gear is moddable gear that you get in flashpoints and through some quest chains.  Moddable gear means you can change the stats by changing out components in the gear itself while keeping the same look.   I like the idea of this because it gives flexibility of style without hurting your toon’s output whether it is tanking, damage, or healing.

                However, me liking the idea does not necessarily translate into me utilizing orange gear to its full potential.  I find it just not practically cost effective to change out my mods/components as I am leveling.  This goes for all my orange gear pretty much if I like the look or not because I know that a short ways down the leveling road I will be getting a new piece of orange gear to replace the old one. The other downfall with the orange gear is that I don’t want to vendor it.  I just can’t bring myself to get rid of my orange pieces even thought they are clogging up my cargo (bank) space.

                Is anyone else having problems dumping their old orange gear?  Is your ship cargo closet full of old orange you don’t wear anymore? 

1 comment:

  1. I keep all my stupid orange gear and bought an extra cargo bay for crafting materials. The justification is that even if it doesn't go with what I'm wearing now, it might be useful later. Also, at first I pulled out every old mod and put in new mods faithfully. Lately, I usually "overwrite" and let the old mod be destroyed. The old mod never sells for as much as it costs to strip, and if you're sure you're not gonna reuse it, just overwrite it.

    I actually found it wasn't a problem to swap out components while leveling since I started getting mods all the time as quest rewards. I'm also not above buying a fugly item with commendations and then stripping out the mods.

    ReplyDelete